formmating win98

stevoboy 21:08 28 Jun 04

im running windows98se im having major probs with it i need to wipe the pc clean or format it can any one tell me how to perform this task? thanx steve

Graham ® 21:11 28 Jun 04

Do you have the 98 installation CD and product code? Are you going to do it now?

stevoboy 21:17 28 Jun 04

i have product code and disc im on a diffrent pc at the momment

VoG II 21:19 28 Jun 04
  R4 21:21 28 Jun 04

Make sure you have all your driver CD's available ( Mobo / Sound / Graphics etc. ) and your Win 98 CD and Cd key

Boot from the Floppy into dos

type fdisk. . . then delete all the patitions

Recreate new partition and make active.

Reboot and format then:-

Reboot and reinstall windows from Windows CD.

Unfortunately after this you will have lost any work you have on the system

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:24 28 Jun 04

Make sure you have CD and product code and a bootable floppy with CD drivers (make a win98 rescue disk from control panel)back up any data you req. off drive.

Reboot with floppy in drive run A:\Fdisk and make a primary partition large enough for Win98se (whole disk). Run A:\Format C: /s this will copy system files to C:\ drive. Run E:\ setup to install win98se (note e=CDrom drive drive letter pushed back one letter as bootdisk has created a ram drive for the tools)

Graham ® 21:24 28 Jun 04

OK, download a 98SE OEM boot disk from bootdisk.com to your desktop. Double click on it with a clean floppy in the drive. Boot the PC with the floppy, choose option 2.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:25 28 Jun 04

Must type faster!!

Graham ® 21:30 28 Jun 04

As you can see, it's been done many times before. You will find step by step help here if needed.

stevoboy 19:28 29 Jun 04

can anyone one else help me to format my pc im running windows 98se

Graham ® 19:42 29 Jun 04

How far have you got?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…