Formatting Vista

last starfighter 19:29 11 Mar 09

Hi all, my pc is running much slower than it should be & i belive ive had it hyjacked, i think its time for a format which ive done many times on XP Pro, but Vista is differant to format, can anyone suggest how i format vista & delete the partition like i did with XP & is there anyway to do it without the disc ..?

gartoy 19:40 11 Mar 09

Hey last starfighter

Are you sure your system has been infected? Running an updated virus program & antispy program, looking at the number of processes you are running, a good defrag & general tidy up would be easier IMO.

A format & reinstall is a bit drastic, plus without a copy of the OS how would you reinstall?

cream. 19:43 11 Mar 09

If the computer has a hidden partition with the operating system on, use that.

If it hasn't, how do you expect to reload vista without a disk?

last starfighter 08:02 14 Mar 09

thankx guys ive just got the disc via the snailmail..so for me too upgrade from vista basic to ultimate (The full retail version) would i just reboot with disc in drive..?
would it then format the pc..?
thankx

tullie 08:20 14 Mar 09

As far as i recall,it is the same process as XP,boot from the disk.

Quiller. 11:40 14 Mar 09

Boot to windows desktop, load the disk in the drive, pick the drop down box for upgrade.

It will scan your computer then reboot to upgrade

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…