Formatting to reinstall Win98

Mike D 12:16 08 Dec 04

I have rashly volunteered to help a damselin destress who foolishly has tried to install a rogue copy of Windows XP onto her computer. I have persuaded her that it would be best to be legal and reinstall her legitimate copy of Windows 98 Se.

Now for the problem. When you get to my age your mass storage device begins to play up and you can't remember anything, and I cannot for the life of me get the hard drive, which has a Fat32 partition, which is too small for Windows 98, and an NTFS partition, which is currently unusable because of the duff XP installation, reformatted so that I just end up with a nice, uncomplicated single partition C drive? Is it FDISK or FORMAT, or both? And if it is FDISK which option do I .... ahh to hell with it - HELP!

Thanks in advance.
Mike

ACOLYTE 12:19 08 Dec 04

Fdisk if it been set to ntfs with xp.Delete all partitions and set 1 new 1, the full size of the hard drive set it to active and format.Fdisk will give you onscreen help all the way.

Mike D 14:41 08 Dec 04

ACOLYTE

Thanks muchly, now sorted. Now if only I could find my specs...

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…