Formatting RAID 0 array and clean XP reinstall

TOPCAT® 22:50 08 Jul 06

I want to do a format and reinstall of XP SP2 but I can't get the pc to boot from the CD. The Bios is set for the CD-ROM to boot first but I never see the option 'press any key to boot from the CD.' Only the usual Del and F8 options appear. My CD is OEM but it's the full version and was installed and registered by my local man when he built the computer. Any help would be much appreciated. TC.

ade.h 23:05 08 Jul 06

Have you tried deleting the array first?

TOPCAT® 23:32 08 Jul 06

No. When formatting is eventually carried out both drives will be done simultaneously. When reloading Windows it will ask for RAID drivers during install, or no drives will be recognised by the OS without them. That's as I understand it. TC.

ade.h 23:40 08 Jul 06

I'm in the habit of deleting the array first, in these circumstances.

ade.h 23:41 08 Jul 06

Your are right about the drivers, by the way. You'll need to put it them on a floppy. Absolute pain in the backside if you're dealing with a PC that has no floppy drive!

VoG II 23:42 08 Jul 06

Why do you want to format TC. You haven't had it long have you?

TOPCAT® 23:55 08 Jul 06

I posted for help a few days ago about intermittent IE and OE problems - couldn't get ie.inf install to work for one. Now the problem(s) have got much worse and IE shuts down right back to desktop without warning, again intermittantly. I have delays in reaching the desktop at boot up and, at times in shutting Windows down. Done every check I can think of to no avail, so I reckon a wipe out and clean start is the best option for me now.

ade.h Thanks for the help - I have all the driver floppies and various CDs at hand ready to get started - if only I could get to boot from the blessed CD !! TC.

VoG II 00:07 09 Jul 06

Why not try a repair first, TC click here

VoG II 00:09 09 Jul 06

Or in fact, sfc /scannow click here

TOPCAT® 00:17 09 Jul 06

Already tried them both and chdsk /f but matters seem to have worsened - just managed to post my last response when IE shutdown on me again. I may have to use my old ME computer to stay online in the morning. Going to call it a day right now and see what happens tomorrow. Won't be here until late morning then, I'm afraid. Thanks for the help so far, guys, and goodnight 'til then. ;o) TC.

VoG II 00:19 09 Jul 06

Or try click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…