Formatting and quick formatting

Cameraman 10:55 14 Jan 08

I have just had to format my hard drive and everthing is working fine but when I tried the normal format it stopped at 10% and stayed there for 30 mins from this I restarted and the computer started as though I had'nt formatted so I tried the quick format and it formatted in a few seconds and went on to install windows as normal The question is, is this normal The drive is a 200GB sata drive partitioned into two sections

Eric10 11:22 14 Jan 08

The full format does a surface scan on the drive as it formats so does take considerably longer to complete. Thirty minutes or more is not particularly unusual for a full format. If the scan stopped at 10% then this could indicate that the scan had found a problem with the drive. click here for more info.

Cameraman 12:27 14 Jan 08

Many thanks for you reply. After checking your link I have run a chkdsk as suggested and it came back clean so all seem well I was concerned that I might have had disc problems after the full format stopped at 10% after about 5 mins and nothing happening for another 30mins but the chkdsk has satified me that all is OK now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant