formatting an ntfs h/drive

coldgold 20:00 07 Oct 04

Help!!, could someone please tell me how to format a h/drive that is in ntfs format?. the drive was given to me on the understanding that it is wiped clean, but fdisk doesn't seem to work for me. As it is a 120gb, and 7 months old i would love to have it. any help would be appreciated...........thanks

Diodorus Siculus 20:07 07 Oct 04

Can you put boot with an OS CD such as XP / Win2k and try?

dan 11 20:14 07 Oct 04

Fdisk for drives up to 127gig.click here

Hazzar 21:40 07 Oct 04

Is the O.S.Wins.2000? If so chances are you will need a copy perhaps even the original to fdisc.
ntfs is not easy to format. I removed Wins. 2000
from my harddrive using fdisc but I have the original copy.
Perhaps your local computer shop will do it for a small fee?

Valvegrid 22:00 07 Oct 04

You need to get rid of the NTFS partition. You'll be able to do that by starting the computer with a system disk, Windows 98SE disk will be fine from here: click here

Then get a copy of delpart.exe, you can get a copy from this site: click here scroll down the page a bit to find it.

Put the system floppy in and start the computer, once its loaded to the A:\ prompt, swap disks with the one with delpart.exe on it. Type delpart.exe and follow the instructions in the graphic interface window.

You'll then be able to format the drive with any system you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…