Formatting a non Formatted Hard Drive

nagonlouse 21:14 09 Feb 07

My Comp has a Hard Drive "C" of 300GB not Partitioned with only the OS of Windows XP Home Edition on it. I have an External 400GB Hard Drive Partitioned 4 x 100 GB "J" "K" "L" "M" with, My Documents, My Photos and all other programs on Including a recent Acronis TI of the "C" drive done last month. I want to Partition the "C" drive into a more manageable 3 x 100 GB so I think that formatting the "C" I will loose my OS.Would it be a matter of Partitioning the drive and putting the ATI on the 1st partition. Appreciate any help.

Diodorus Siculus 21:17 09 Feb 07

You can partition C drive with Partition Magic in a non-destructive manner; nonetheless, a backup is to be recommended.

woodchip 21:22 09 Feb 07

You can do it without losing anything as long as you do not make the C:\ drive that small as all software and programs still fit, with room for virtual memory so Windows does not crash. to do it you need Acronis DiscDirector Suit 10

nagonlouse 12:29 10 Feb 07

Diodorus Siculus and woodchipp, Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated.Will tick as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…