Formatting My PC

pcwhizz 19:01 24 Jun 04

I am gonna wipe my pc and start fresh.

Ive got everythin backed up execept for Norton Internet security 2003 updates since last year.

And i dont have broadband so its gonna be a pain redownload all the updates. so i was wonderin if there is any way of backing up the updates ive downloaded like the virus definitions and stuff!

Thanks
Pcwhizz

Androcles 19:25 24 Jun 04

Get onto the Microsoft web page, you can get a free disc from them with a lot of the updates on it this cuts the time down.I think the updates are covered up to Feb 2004.

Totally-braindead 19:34 24 Jun 04

Androcles I think hes on about the Norton updates not the Microsoft ones.

Androcles 11:01 27 Jun 04

Braindead I think you're right.Perhaps we've got the wrong names!

Lozzy 11:08 27 Jun 04

No there is not anyway to backup these files. I am sure you must know someone near you that has BB that can download them onto a CD for you. The latest file dated 26-6-04 is 7.77mb in size and is a zip file which is self extracting.

livewire 11:08 27 Jun 04

I dont think you can do this becuase LiveUpdate has to install the updates itself to integrate them into the program- Standalone files may not get registered with LiveUpdate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…