Formatting my HD

B_E_N 11:51 31 Jul 03

I have a Pacard Bell Computer with a hidden partition on my hard drive for installing windows (ME), now i want to formatt my hard drive and reinstall winows etc and my PC came with a system restore to do just that bu when i tried it it wouldnt work - couldnt find a file (OEM setup if that helps) is there a way i can do the above without the system restore disc and still being able to get windows back after, thanks.

xania 13:31 31 Jul 03

Did you 'format' your entire HDD or just primary partition. If the latter, although I don't know haow you did it, you could well have deleted your hidden partition. I don't like the idea of using the HDD to provide this type of back-up. WHat happens if the HDD fails. I suggets you go back to your supplier, or directly to Pacard Bell, and get proper re-installation CDs.

keith-236785 22:55 31 Jul 03

maybe the restore cd starts the setup going from the hidden partition.

i may be wrong but i think you have to set your bios to boot from cd, insert restore disc and restart your computer, then follow on-screen commands.

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…