formatting a micro sd card

bluenote 15:20 17 Aug 12

Can anybody tell me why I am unable to format a 32gb micro sd card.I am running vista,and I get a message saying it is unable to format .

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:24 17 Aug 12

32gb micro sd card

one possibility is that older machines had card readers that were unable to cope with cards above 2G

lotvic 15:40 17 Aug 12

Why do you need to format it? they usually come pre-formatted with FAT32

What devices have you been using it in? and has there been a problem that makes you think you need to format it instead of just deleting any files you have on the 32gb micro sd card.

difarn 15:45 17 Aug 12

As Fruit Bat says it sounds as if your PC is not SDHC compliant - I know that some people have got round this by formatting the sd card using a digital camera.

There are some inexpensive SDHC readers on Amazon that might be worth a try.

I came across this Vista package for SDHC cards that may be worth consideringenter link description here

bluenote 11:23 27 Sep 12

because I thought the original card was faulty I purchased another from amazon .This worked perfectly when I first put it in,but when I took it out and reinserted it, it was not recognised .I have tried it in various other devices with the same result.I can't reformat the card because it is not showing up .anyone come across this before?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced