//some 3rd party need geo

Formatting Lap Top

Colin 14:23 11 Jan 03
  Colin 14:23 11 Jan 03

I have been given a Toshiba Tecra 520CDT LapTop. I want to format the hard drive and reinstall the OS etc as I have done several times on my desktop PC. I imagine that this will work in the same way as a desk top PC, but I would like some reassurance before I go ahead. Also, the laptop has an internal CD drive and external floppy drive. I have searched Google and Toshiba but cannot establish if I can boot from the external floppy or need to take out the internal CD drive and replace it with the internal floppy drive.

1st RHA 14:30 11 Jan 03

also do you have all drivers as laptops less compatable sometimes, if you have bootable cd do it from there

Taran 14:43 11 Jan 03

If you go to Google at click here and copy the following line into the search field box:

"520CDT"+drivers

you will get more pages than enough with details of drivers for your notebook.

Most of them seem to be for Windows NT4, but if you hunt around enough I'm sure you will find something for whichever version of Windows you would like to install.

Regards

Taran

Colin 15:07 11 Jan 03

Thanks for the responses. The OS is Win95 and I have all the original disks etc. I have changed the BIOS to boot from the CD. Will report back on successful reinstallation!?!

1st RHA 15:19 11 Jan 03

I think only 98 onwards were bootable,

Colin 17:33 11 Jan 03

You could be right. In any case I used Win98 and booted from that. It all went without problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…