formatting HDD with NTFS from floppy

stoner 14:59 16 May 03

have tried to reformat my HDD with a floppy using the FORMAT command from a boot up floppy made from XP but it gave me the error message that the FORMAT command would not work under DOS.
I do have DOS boot up floppys but they apparently don't have the ability to reformat in NTFS mode.
Can anyone out there help?

BigMoFoT 15:32 16 May 03

IT CAN'T BE DONE MATE - DOS ONLY SUPPORTS FAT 32 PLUS THE BOOT DISK MADE UNDER XP IS NOT DOS!! DOS DOES NOT EXIST IN XP

Terrahawk 16:04 16 May 03

get a dos/9x boot disk make floppy drive bootable insert floppy boot system at a:\ type fdisk delete non dos partition exit fdisk reboot at a:\type fdisk create primary dos partition and set as active exit fdisk reboot machine at a:\type format c:
and that should allow you to format the drive this will revert the drive to fat32

Rayuk 18:09 16 May 03

If you want to format the drive using ntfs use the WinXP cdrom to do it.

-pops- 18:15 16 May 03

If you have XP already, install the drive you wish to format as a slave in the computer and format it from Disk Management (right click on My Computer, click on Manage then on then on Disk Management. The new disk should be shown on the right. Click on the new disk and then on format).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…