Formatting a HDD

Abel 11:44 01 Dec 09

I have a 200 Gb HDD which has two partitions. XP Pro is currently installed on the C partition, which I need to format to do a clean install of the same OS. How do I do this please? My system does not have a floppy drive.

Abel

jimv7 11:49 01 Dec 09

Boot from the xp disk, along the way you will be given the choice to format your drive as part of the install.

Abel 12:11 01 Dec 09

Thanks jimv7 I did try this earlier. However, when I selected the option to install to the C partition, it advised against having two OS's on the same partition because of possible conflicts. Where do I go from here?

Abel 12:12 01 Dec 09

Sorry, I should have said there was no format option

ventanas 12:15 01 Dec 09

You're selecting the wrong options. You need to delete the C partiton (I think it's D to delete and then L to confirm) The create a new partion C from the available space, format this and install will run automatically.

Abel 12:20 01 Dec 09

Will give it a go ventanas. I must say it appears to solve the problem.

Abel 11:38 04 Dec 09

Sorry to take so long getting back to you ventanas but, as I'm sure you know, your advice was absolutely spot on. I'm now going to start a new thread on Windows 7

Abel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…