Formatting hard drives....again!

WtheM 07:42 27 Feb 04

Hi, for some strange reason my pc is running a none legal copy of windows xp pro. I have now purchased a proper edition of xp home. I would like to format my hard drives and start from fresh with the new xp. I've formatted before but can't remember how. Sorry for bringing up the same old question.
Thanks.

jimv7 07:59 27 Feb 04

Change the boot sequence to boot from cd, start the computer with xp home disk in, follow the onscreen prompts for a clean installation.

temp003 08:05 27 Feb 04

After you boot up from the CD, just remember your choice is always to install a fresh copy. Don't try a repair.

After the XP Setup screen appears, roughly you should press Enter to enter XP setup, F8 to accept EULA. Press Esc to install fresh copy. When asked where to install XP, highlight the C drive, and I suggest you delete the partition at this stage (just to have an absolutely clean start).

Press D to delete partition, confirm the action when warning appears.

Then highlight the unpartitioned or unallocated space, and press C to create a new partition. Enter the partition size in MB, press Enter.

Then highlight the new C partition, and press Enter to install XP there. When given formatting options, choose NTFS.

After formatting, files will be copied to hard disk and computer will need to restart. Leave CD in, and let computer restart, but this time, computer needs to restart from hard disk, so this time do NOT boot from CD when asked. Then follow the prompts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…