Formatting Hard Drive,Help Please

cheffy 20:21 23 Sep 08

I have an Evesham PC AMD64 3500+ 2.21ghz Processor 1GB Ram, running Windows XP Professional 64Bit SP2. The graphics are 2 Inno3D GeForce 6600GT cards in SLI formation.
I just reconnected this PC as it has been in storage for 12 months, I was prompted by windows update to install several updates and afterwards I had lost all sound. Tried system restore,updated and reinstalled drivers, didn't work. I decided to use recovery CD, I now have sound but at start up I have 2 copies of windows, the first is the newly installed one the second the original. I think this is because I have two drives in raid configuration.
Stupidly I assumed that the restore PC would sort everything out automatically but it didn't. Now I am out of my depth by a long way to say the least.
Can anyone please tell me in very simple language how to put things right?

BurrWalnut 13:32 24 Sep 08

Remove a second version of Windows click here

cheffy 15:14 24 Sep 08

Thankyou, I'll give it a try.

cheffy 19:54 24 Sep 08

Thanks BurrWalnut,I now only have one copy of Windows, it worked a treat and even I was able to follow the instructions. Now I have to figure out how to set up the raid configuration, it is disabled in the BIOS and from what I have read I need to use a floppy to install the drivers(no floppy drive on PC!). I have to try and find my USB one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…