Formatting a hard drive

Karlthebatman 12:18 15 Dec 05

I'm new to the forum and I really hope that someone can help.
I have two PC's at work that run displays in our info centre. They have been aquired by staff and as such are not covered by our IT team - in fact they refuse to even give advice.

One of the other staff, to correct some problems, decided to format both hard drives and re-install all. Unfortunately neither disk now works and the PC's wont boot up.

Can anyone either provide step by step instructions on how to re-format these drives and make them bootable again; or provide us with a suitable web site that will guide us through the process.
Both PCs will need to boot up to operate under Windows 98.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

VoG II 12:20 15 Dec 05
  uisquebeathus 13:02 15 Dec 05

do you have installation discs for reinstalling an operating system as well as all the other software that you may need to put back onto the computers?

pj123 13:45 15 Dec 05

Not a very friendly IT team then!

You might find it easier to download and make a bootdisk from click here

This will enable you to partition and format the hard drives and make them bootable.

But, as uisquebeathus says you would need to make sure you have all the installation disk/CDs to put everything back on them, including the Motherboard disks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…