Formatting Hard Disk infected with Malware

magic man 14:49 14 Feb 11

Hard Drive C is infected with Malware and nothing will operate. I cloned it to Hard Drive D the day before infection.
I have now changed D from slave to master and am now operating on Drive D. If I now try to Format the infected Drive via the uninfected one will this suceed? Is there any liklihood of the uninfected drive getting contaminated?
Thanks if you can be of assistance
Magic man

gengiscant 14:56 14 Feb 11

All you need to do is right click the drive you wish to format,scroll down to format and you are good to go, and no you will not transfer the virus.

GaT7 14:56 14 Feb 11

Best thing to do, if you're concerned of infection spreading from one drive to another, is to boot off the Windows OS CD/DVD & use its partitioning/formatting tools to do the needful before your system boots into Windows.

What OS disc do you have? G

magic man 17:25 14 Feb 11

Thanks Crossbow My disk is Windows 7 full instalation disk so no problem there.However when infested disk was C I tried this by just puttting Win7 disk in DVD Drive but it would not respond due to the infection. However if I now try to do it from current disk C to Infested Disk D will it work?
magic man

GaT7 18:28 14 Feb 11

Hmm, that's unusual. Try it anyway with both hard disk connected. And make sure to delete, partition & format the correct hard disk. G

magic man 15:23 15 Feb 11

Many thanks to Gengiscant and Crossbow7 who have solved my problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…