formatting DVD

kimtrnc 14:03 11 May 07

I have a DVD recorder that works well as a player, but will now not format any inserted DVD disk. Help, please - I live in Northern Cyprus, and any sort of repair to electronic kit costs more than original purchase.
Anyone tell me if it is possible to format the DVDs with my computer, and if so how? Have tried various software (Roxio, Nero etc) and none of them seem able to deal with an empty disk.
Maybe I should put a file on and then format?
TIA
Kim

skidzy 14:07 11 May 07

Make of dvd player please ?

Possibly its the media that is the problem,have you tried various brands of disc ?

Try recording something from the tv and then erase the disc and format.

Just curious,what discs are you using at the moment.

rodriguez 14:44 11 May 07

Usually DVD recorders for the TV format the disc in VR format. Try using Nerovision or a similar program to create an Editable DVD (VR) and then make one with a small clip on then out it in the DVD recorder and erase it. You may have to get the DVD recorder to change the menu to it's own before though (my Philips one has to do this) then just delete the clip as normal.

kimtrnc 15:32 11 May 07

Skidzy, it's a Liteon Lvw5001, bought in England
Supposed to record on DVd+r & DVDrw+R, but have tried both sorts, and neither type will format.Previously recorded dDVDs, both commercial and home-made, will play.
Rodrigues - will try your idea.
Thanks, both - will let you know
Kim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…