formatting drive C windows ME

uskfisherman 18:36 27 Apr 03

I am posting this for a friend who has "knackered" his PC. He is attempting to format his drive C with a view to reinstalling windows. Whem he does this he is getting many error messages, too many to list I think. One of them is"improper file system"
Another is your root tree is full. I am thinking that there is floppy disc somewhere which will completely wipe the hard drive clean. Can anyone out there give some help on this point please, or of course suggest some other way out for my mate, Regards

spikeychris 18:45 27 Apr 03

Well there isn't a floppy that will wipe the disk but if your mate creates a startup disk from control panel and boots with it, he will, at the a:/ prompt just have to type format c

Chris

uskfisherman 18:53 27 Apr 03

Thank you spikeychris. He has lost windows completely so he says, and is using an already prepared floppy disc.

Megatyte 19:06 27 Apr 03

The best way out if this is to Fdisk and re-partition. If you don't know how to do this then post back.

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…