formatting comp HELP

Raquelmanny 23:04 27 Jun 04

Hi, I am running a system originally preinstalled with Win Xp Spanish. I have installed a new win Xp english version and am now running two systems.Unfortunately English version loaded on D drive and now I need to clean the system due to problems and get back to the factory settings but I do not know how to do that. Raquel

woodchip 23:14 27 Jun 04

Have you a restore disc

Raquelmanny 23:19 27 Jun 04

hi Woodchip, I only have install disk for xp pro. The other system was preinstalled on the comp when I bought it.

woodchip 23:35 27 Jun 04

Then you cannot get back to how it was when you got the comp unless there is some way of a restore from another partition or Restore CD. You can Format as you said to clean both drives of info then reinstall XP fresh on C:\ if that's what you want to do but I would suggest you get a program to first save all you drivers

woodchip 23:43 27 Jun 04

If you format, and you have not got software CD's to put programs back on drive after, then all your software will be gone when you format

Raquelmanny 00:04 28 Jun 04

Hi, Thanks for reply have all software and drivers backed up just need to do a clean install of win xp but do not know how to. Thanks

VoG II 00:07 28 Jun 04

Clean install of XP click here (courtesy of spikeychris)

TomJerry 00:18 28 Jun 04

If you want to do a complete clean install, it is better to wipe everything on disks and format, partition and start again. Of course, only do this if nothing on disks are needed.

There are many tools for this, you can get a Ultimate Boot CD click here. There are enough tools on this CD for wipe, partition disks.

Get into bios and set the first boot device as CD, put this CD in and boot up and then you can do wipe and partiion etc.

Once you have clean disks, put XP install CD in, start PC boot from CD and then just follow instruction.

woodchip 15:58 28 Jun 04

You cannot backup Programs that have been installed, only those that have a setup file

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…