formating a memory stick after a back up

djsmithy 21:03 14 Jul 07

I was backing up files to a 1GB memory stick when an out of space message appeared: No problem I'll format the memory stick and choose fewer files. Unfortunately the message appears that I do not have permission to format the USB memory stick. Any ideas would be appreciated as now the thing is useless! Attempts to do a new backup just resullt in a message of 'out of memory' load another disk. I'm running windows XP and was taking the standard backup option. Help.

Jackcoms 21:18 14 Jul 07

"Any ideas would be appreciated as now the thing is useless!"

No, it's not useless. Select some or all of the files on the stick and hit Delete.

rdave13 21:21 14 Jul 07

As Jackcoms says; just delete all and you'll have 1GB to play with.

bluesbrother 22:12 14 Jul 07

You would have to be logged in as Administrator to format your stick.

rdave13 23:36 14 Jul 07

All I do is to right click all folders and click delete as an administrator. What is there to format? Then hilight all new folders to copy and err that's it again. To summarise; delete then reinstall the new folders etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…