Formating The Hard Drive Win 2000 pro

M7MAK 10:56 04 Aug 03

iv try to find this option in set up repair mode but just get a list in dos how can i do this easly? i tryed right clicking c drive but it wouldnt let me format.?

AndySD 11:09 04 Aug 03

Use the Recovery Console click here

M7MAK 11:33 04 Aug 03

i have tryed that there is no clear option to format the hard drive

AndySD 11:54 04 Aug 03

At the promt type in

format c:

and hit enter.

MichelleC 11:56 04 Aug 03

This is the way I did mine:

Start the Recovery Console
Insert either your Windows 2000 CD-ROM or the first Windows 2000 Setup boot disk into the proper drive, and then restart your computer.
Press a key to start Windows 2000 Setup from your CD-ROM, or follow the instructions on the screen if you are using Windows 2000 Setup boot disks.
At the Welcome to Setup page, press R to repair a Windows 2000 installation, and then press C to use the Recovery Console.
In the Recovery Console, press the number key for the Windows 2000 installation that you want to repair, and then press ENTER. Note that if you press ENTER without pressing a number, the Recovery Console quits, and your computer restarts.
When the Recovery Console prompts you for a valid administrator password, type your administrator password, and then press ENTER.
At the command prompt, type format drive letter:, where drive letter is the letter of the drive you want to format. For additional information about switches that you can use with the format command, type format /?, and then press ENTER.
When the format is complete, remove the CD-ROM or disk from the drive, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER to restart your computer.

Note; if the hd is over 32gb it'll format in ntfs automatically.

brittas 12:05 04 Aug 03

Even quicker way !!! I did it 3 times at weekend with both 2000 and xp pro. Put in 2000 cd and re-boot. When "to boot from cd" appears at bottom of screen - hit enter and allow the 2000 cd to take over. Follow on screen instructions to re-format disk or remove partition and start from scratch. Its up to you !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now