Formating a hard disk

pjay45 21:04 27 Oct 03

I recently bought a second hand MAXTOR 60 gig hard drive, however it was formatted for NTFS. As I needed to use it with Windows 98 I run Fdisk to remove partition and create new partition to get rid of NTFS, but now I can only format it to 8 gigs.

Does anyone know how I can get the 60 gig maximum out of it?

expertec 21:18 27 Oct 03

You'll need to use MaxBlast from click here

woodchip 21:23 27 Oct 03

Or a new Flash bios, as that is what is limiting your only being able to see 8Gb. I would Flash rather than use Maxblast Driver overlay software as it is terrible to remove. And limits what Disc Software you can use on it after you set it up

pjay45 21:58 27 Oct 03

I have just downloaded Maxblast, however cannot open the file because it requires a Zip programme, do you know where I could find one of these?

Woodchip, you mention about doing a bios upgrade, I am a tad nervous doing this because I do not know enough about this, thanks anyway.

expertec 22:00 27 Oct 03

use Winzip from click here

woodchip 22:04 27 Oct 03

If you need to remove it after, you have to use the same software that created it, so put it away safe but so you can find it if you need it.

critic-al 22:04 27 Oct 03
  expertec 22:04 27 Oct 03

Download the evaluation version, it doesn't seem to run out or be limited except for a register screen every time you run it

woodchip 22:16 27 Oct 03

Far better is to download PowerDesk5 from Ontrack. You can get the free version it does lots more than just zip and unzip and not limited by 30 day bomb

pjay45 22:39 27 Oct 03

Thank you all for your help, I have downloaded Winzip and unzipped Maxblast and shall be trying it tomorrow.

Bye bye for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…