Format win xp

SurfMonkey _#:@} 16:04 29 Nov 04

right I have 1 pc with windows xp home on it which I want to reformat the drive I have tryed the usual thing get win 98 boot diwsc inset boot to comand prompt typ format C: all goes fine says all data an disc will be erased clic ok does the percentage formated bit to 100% stops comand pronpt apears A:> I restart pc but the thing is it stillhas the bloody win xp an C: that I have just formated AAHHHHHH help

ACOLYTE 16:09 29 Nov 04

Dont think you can format a ntfs partition with 98 boot disk,you may have to fdisk it and delete the partition altogether the set it up again>If you have xp cd use that and select install then select same partition as is in use it will give u choice to delete it and start again or install over top.

georgemac 16:10 29 Nov 04

boot from the winxp cd and run setup from there

take out the floppy and put the cd in the drive and see if it boots from cd - if not you will need to go into the bios and setup the 1st boot device to be the cd-rom, you will get the option to format the disk during setup

SurfMonkey _#:@} 16:10 29 Nov 04

oh ps does win xp have to be activated befor you can instll sp2

ACOLYTE 16:11 29 Nov 04

No.

SurfMonkey _#:@} 16:12 29 Nov 04

any on got step buy step instructions

SurfMonkey _#:@} 16:15 29 Nov 04

when I do it with windows disc all Im getting is windows xp home on C: but all the old shite is still there

SurfMonkey _#:@} 16:18 29 Nov 04

is deleting partion the one i want

ACOLYTE 16:19 29 Nov 04

Not if you delete the partition first then reinstall it wipes it clean.Don't think the word you wrote is appropriate for here,but I'm a new member so its probably not for me to say.

SurfMonkey _#:@} 16:22 29 Nov 04

wheres the option to reinstall the partition
sorry about the word ?????

SurfMonkey _#:@} 16:26 29 Nov 04

right now it says partion C: <new raw > .is that correct so now I just do it all agian i.e load and reinstall xp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…