format problem

chelle 19:15 28 Aug 03

i am running win xp professional and am wanting to format my h/drive usually put a win98 se start where you get the options to start with or without cd rom support up in and do it that way but my comp now wont let me do this has one of my kids has uninstalled some win xp uninstall so now i cant do this is there any other way of formatting my h/drive it would be much appreciated if any can help i have tryed most things but am failing fast i dont want the expense of buying a new h/drive and losing what i have already got .

Steven135 19:31 28 Aug 03

If h is a separate disk you can format from within XP using the disk management console.

If one with XP Pro on you can foramt using the XP CD.

Barrie_G 19:31 28 Aug 03

This is from a previous posting but it covers all you need to know.

It's just the same as if you were doing a clean install of xp, set your first boot device to cd in the bios,

restart your pc with the xp disk in the cd drive,

choose fresh install (advanced option) it will tell you that there is already and operating system on this drive, choose the delete option, delete the partition,

then install xp onto the partition, (you will need your other operating system cd to place into the drive to show that you qualify to use the upgrade disk, just follow the prompts and choose your settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…