//some 3rd party need geo

format and internet sharing

caast©? 21:50 10 Jun 04

I recently formatted my XP pro PC and have run the network set up wizard for internet connection sharing for my other 2 PC's on the network.

Both the other PC's running win 98SE can see the XP pro and each other and file sharing is not a problem.

However I cannot access the internet on the networked PC's

Can anyone please tell me what I have done wrong?

Forum Editor 23:14 10 Jun 04

a wired or wireless network?

caast©? 23:51 10 Jun 04

wired through hub.

Everything was fine before I formatted and tried to set up again.

I have Zone Alarm and firewall but turned them off to see if they were affecting the ICS. Still no joy

caast©? 11:56 11 Jun 04

bump

hillybilly 12:52 11 Jun 04

Have you tried configuring the DNS on the network cards in the win98 PC's

caast©? 13:37 11 Jun 04

the DNS on the TCP/IP for the realtek network cards are set to disable.

If I change to enable it requires I fill in the Host, Domain, and DNS server search order. This is something I was not required to do last time I set the network up and am unaware that I should have to do it this time. Also I do not know what values to enter into the boxes.

hillybilly 15:06 11 Jun 04

Sorry I have not replied earlier but had to pop out.
Who is your ISP, I have found that some systems with particular Isp's need DNS enabled over the last month or so!

caast©? 16:55 11 Jun 04

Sorry, been out too had to collect the pooch from his hols.

I use Pipex, xtreem package M

keith-236785 18:27 11 Jun 04

It seems that the latest update from zone alarm has removed the option/ability to run networks with the free version. you would need ZA Pro (about £20) to run the network through ICS.

hillybilly 18:28 11 Jun 04

I'm going in about 2 hours, anyway you get need to speak to Pipex help for the Pimary and secondary Dns server numbers, in the host bit you can type any nam you fancy, just leave the domain blank.
Most Isp's have page on their site that givs you all the connection details that you need ie. pop3,smtp,dns, dial up numbers etc.

keith-236785 18:30 11 Jun 04

you would need ZA Pro (about £20) to run the network through ICS

sorry that should have read you would need the ZA Pro version to run ICS through the network.

good luck anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…