FORMAT HP LAPTOP/ HP RECOVERY ADVISE

nobbyhigo 21:32 12 Jan 10

i badly need to format i have a hp510 laptop running xp home i have a disc i can use .The point is . IS it worth bothering with the partioned hp recovery and discs i made or just go for it and wipe the lot with a fresh install
thanks

Woolwell 21:47 12 Jan 10

The partition and discs should contain more than the OS and include drivers, etc. Could well be easier in the long run.

rdave13 21:49 12 Jan 10

Depends! Compaq presario 500. Created a dvd restore disc and a copy. Used the disc to successfully restore to factory settings. D: partition still intact.
Got hold of a Vista disc with service pack 1 (original OS). So I decided to go to the HP site (support) and downloaded all the drivers for my laptop.
Did a clean install and installed the drivers and was like a new machine. No HP bumff. Then got rid of the D: partition.

nobbyhigo 21:58 12 Jan 10

seems like a good idea download the drivers first of hp and like you say get rid of a lot of hp clutter

woodchip 22:20 12 Jan 10

Put the Disc you made in the Computer, Start PC and keep tapping F11 to Recover or Tap it when you see the on screen Message. As above all the Drivers and other software that was on the computer when you got it will be Restored. Backup all your Email and docs Photos etc before the above F10 is for BIOS Setup

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…