format hdd to fat32 from ntfs

rsturbo 03:16 14 Feb 05

i have a hdd with ntfs on it , i want to format it to fat32 i have tried format c: /fs:fat32 but it tells me its an invalid switch i am getting to a dos prompt using a w98se boot floppy.

any help would be appreciated

User-312386 04:59 14 Feb 05

Nearly right, its

format C: /s

octal 07:29 14 Feb 05

If you still get problems use delpart.exe, you can get a copy from click here scroll down towards the bottom of the page. Unzip it and its small enough to fit on your W98SE bootdisk then bootup again with the W98SE disk and follow these instructions click here

octal 08:16 14 Feb 05

I had trouble removing NTFS using FDISK, it will remove the extended "non-DOS partition" but it won't remove the logical DOS partition on extended drives, that's why I had to use DELPART to remove all the partitions so I could reformat. I spent a couple of hours at work trying to do that until I found that out.

ventanas 08:37 14 Feb 05

The procedure should be: Boot from XP CD. Do not enter SetUp, instead press R to go to the Recovery Console. Select your XP installation (usually only one) press 1 and Enter. Type administrator password. You will be placed at C:\Windows> Type format c: /fs:fat32 and press Enter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…