format hard drive

alexander-210570 21:27 11 Aug 06

i have a system that is running windows xp but it is a german version now im here my family are complaining they cant understand it so i need to format the drive and install a english version trouble is when i open the hd to click format the type of formting comes up schnell or other and then some thing else in german so we dont know what to press any ideas or help
estoy

VoG II 21:28 11 Aug 06

Format during the install click here

alexander-210570 21:54 11 Aug 06

that info does not help as the disc does not regonise german so i need to format first or reformat as they say im a novice so where do i start

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:40 11 Aug 06

Set the first boot device to CD in the BIOS, save and exit

Insert XP english version in CD drive and reboot the PC.

follow Vog,s link to format the partition and install XP.

VoG II 22:42 11 Aug 06

You do have an English XP CD?

bluto1 22:46 11 Aug 06

I doubt it

bluto1 22:49 11 Aug 06

Having said that does your disc not have the facility to select English?

DieSse 23:51 11 Aug 06

schnell = fast

Thus you¡re being given the opportunity to do a fast format. That's the best option to choose, as it will wipe out all the data, without taking too long.

However - you CANNOT format the hard drive from within Windows - it's akin to committing suicide for Windows, and it won't let you.

Assuming you have the English CD (you must have, or you wouldn't be planning to change the OS) - then boot from the CD and follow the options from it (in English!) to reformat and install afresh.

As Fruit Bat /\0/\ described. Note that this will clear off all your data, programs, and settings, unless you save them first.

Jak_1 01:12 12 Aug 06

This may help:

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:44 12 Aug 06

via email

im a bit of a novice so what and where is fist boot and bios i have winborg all in one and all it says on the sleeve is format then insert disc and sit back it does it all for you so how do you format

=====================================================
estoy

please post your replys in the box at the bottom of the page, everyone can then see your answer and offer help.

=====================================================

BIOS ACCESS
click here

BIOS Settings
click here

bluto1 22:00 12 Aug 06

As other members have pointed out you can format your HDD by installing from your CD.
However, if you are totally intent on formatting the HDD there is another way.
Find out what type of HDD you`ve got, Seagate, Western Digital or whatever, and go to their web site.You will find a download that can be used to wipe the HDD clean. Copy to either floppy disc or CD, and if you decide to use it make sure you are set up to boot from floppy disc.
Just remember that anything and everything on your HDD is wiped clean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac