//some 3rd party need geo

format hard drive

charlton200 17:49 12 Aug 03

hello,
please could you tell me how to format my hard drive.
thanks
charlton200

charlton200 18:03 12 Aug 03

by the way i am using windows m.e.

charlton200

ET - Andy 18:16 12 Aug 03

Go to a windows command prompt and type in

format c:\s

ET - Andy 18:17 12 Aug 03

btw the letter c:\ (please enter the appropriate letter of your hard disk)

barrie_g 18:39 12 Aug 03

Do you have a windows boot floppy disk for your pc? it can be made easily. Go to my comp'> cont' panel> add/remove prog's, and click on the tab marked STARTUP DISK, then follow the instructions.
When this is done, write the date and the title for the disk on it, then you put this into your floppy drive, and once you have saved all yhe files you need/want to save, press cont/alt/delete twice, then wait for the pc to start up, then a flashing A:\ prompt will appear when ready. type in FORMAT C: you will then be aked if you are sure click Y for yes(sometimes after the Y you need to press enter.
When the format has completed, load in the CD into its drive, remove the floppy and press cont/alt/delete, twice to restart, the pc will then go ahead and reload windows itself, and when complete will eject the cd, put it away safely, and let the computer run until it completes loading windows and makes it operational, and there you are.
Keep your boot floppy safe too in case you need it again in the future.
Thats how you do it from the floppy drive, on some PC's you can load in the boot CD and restart the PC, and it does it, itself, it may be an idea to try this first.

This explains it better than I can I "borrowed from a forum at click here and wonderfully written by someone called Mark, If he's reading this I'm sure he wont mind me using it here.

charlton200 19:33 12 Aug 03

thanks very much to you all.<P>many thanks<HR>charlton200

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…