format due to bluetooth (also in sp2 fourum)

CHILLZ Tue, 04.01.05 | 16:32
Hi all,i have a problem. i have been using a nokia 6630 via belkin bluetooth adaptor to a hp pavillion desktop on xp home(sp1)with no problem.after a lot of thought and a previous failed attempt i decided i should install sp2 in view of the security updates and some minor niggley crashes.ive backed up my documents (and not e-mails and address book as i dont know how,any advice gratefully recieved)and went for the sp2 which installed smoothley and all seemed well.Ive now noticed the bluetothh adapter is not functioning-after all day on the phone to belkin and no help as it wasnt showing in device manager i changed it for another new one which does the same d,d,d,d when inserted.spoke to hp who advised me to do a full format,and to install sp2 before anything else,can anyone advise me as to what order i should install evrything and is there any way to dowlouad all the hp and windows updates prior to the format which is planned for the weekend.the real bug is it was working prior to sp2,oh and how to disc all my e-mails and addresses,thanks for taking the time to read this post.thanks CHILLZ

Cliquer 20:28 04 Jan 05

Before you do anything else please read the Microsoft article ID 883258 this will throw light on this very problem

cant find bluetooth eradio in dev manager,followed inst to scan for new hardware-found

im sure that is the way to fix it but dont really know what im doing.newbie.any further help appriciated

hey ßéLâ, yeah that looks like it,my problem is i have nothing bluetooth related in device manager?,ive tried cliquers fix and to scan for new hardware,nothing.please any help appriciated.

hi ßéLâ,found it in generic hub,"belkin bluetooth device",but it has a yellow question mark preceeding it?

windows canot find a better match,also tried bundled software with no joy.still yellow q-mark,been advised by hp to format and install sp2 first.what do you think bella,read many posts saying not worth format for minor proplem?

hi bella,think thats done it ,the windows b/t icon is naw there as detailed in your pdf,however i am on the graveyard shift and have to go to work now,ill post back tomorrow ,its looking good,thankyou for your help.catch you later

hi bela that seems to have got it,my problem now is getting the pc suite off so i can re install it clean over the top of sp2(nokias advice)but im having problems getting the nokia reg cleaner,ill start a new thread for it ,thanks bela your advice was sound, thanks again. Carl

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…