Format Drive with no drivers disc

Johny C 18:27 11 Jul 04

Hi Everyone

right i have just been given a PC, but they didnt have the drivers for the graphics card or motherboard. I want to format the system but i dont know which drivers to download without actually going inside the system to have a look, (Dont fancy this option to be honest)...

is there a way i can reload the drivers after i have formatted? or can i back them up before i format the PC.

which sites are best for drivers?

Cheers Guys.............. John

VoG II 18:29 11 Jul 04

If you run Belarc Advisor click here it will identify the mobo and graphics card.

A good place to start is click here

THE TERMINATOR 18:32 11 Jul 04

If you are going to format and install, windows should install a driver(at least compatable)for graphics and sound. When Windows is installed you can go to device manager to find out what makes your hardware is....TT

Johny C 00:20 12 Jul 04

The sites worked a treat, thanks guys

Now i have another problem, With the computer he gave me a digital camera its a jenoptik C1.3 lcd, now i have looked everywhere for a user manual and cant find one. also will i need a driver to conect the camera to the PC?

I'm getting confused lol

Cheers guys............ John

Beann Syrup 01:00 12 Jul 04

Try (don't know how to do the 'click here' bit) and click on Service (left side of page) and then driver updates. I don't see your particular one there but a 1300 might do - you could try it anyway and if it's not right delete it.

Johny C 01:14 12 Jul 04

Thanks for the link, but my camera is not listed on there website, i have emailed them, so lets hope i get a response

Cheers John

Graham ® 12:19 12 Jul 04

Why not just get a card reader? click here

Graham ® 12:21 12 Jul 04

Sorry that did not copy very well! Look on Jessops site for card reader.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…