format drive c

northy 20:41 03 Apr 03

can anybody tell me how to format drive c ,i am using the x.p.windows system ,but having done it in the passed ,by using win 98 startup disc,i am a bit new to x.p. and cannot find my way around it .
peter

DieSse 20:45 03 Apr 03

Boot up from the XP CD, and in the early stages of the set-up, it gives you the opportunity to partition, and format, as you please.

mad2477 20:48 03 Apr 03

yeh, but it says when u do that, "creating a new installation on the same file may corrupt the other operating system"

eeeek! What to do. + my msn has eaten itself, and my firewall has barred MSN from signing in.

Murray 21:02 03 Apr 03

I just spent ages typing out u huge long list of things to do. then it said an error occured when i tried to post it. grrrrr.

How about making a windows boot floppy from a helpful windows 95, 98 or Me user

boot with that, type
format c:

then wait...
just make sure youve got all progams, drivers on CD before...

Terrahawk 21:06 03 Apr 03

if you just want to do a straight format and reinstall this can be done from your xp cd

AndySD 21:10 03 Apr 03

Boot with the XP cd or the 6 floppys and choose R for the Recovery Console... at the prompt type

format C:

and hit enter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…