Format CD Like A Floppy

s99Raj 09:38 18 Nov 05

I'd like to format a Rewriteable CD (or DVD) so that I can use it like a large floppy disc and add and remove files as I wish.

I have Nero 7 and have flicked through the help files, but unless I'm looking in the wrong place, can't seem to find out how to do this.

Can anyone help? Cheers.

rawprawn 09:47 18 Nov 05

If Nero InCD is loaded just Right click on the drive and select "Format"

rawprawn 09:50 18 Nov 05

Otherwise Open Nero Quickstart and select "Data" then select Format. (InCD should load on system start)

s99Raj 10:53 18 Nov 05

If you mean "StartSmart" and not QuickStart then I tried that and went to Data but I see no Format, only stuff like Make Data CD or Make UDF CD.

Skyver 10:57 18 Nov 05

Is it InCD4? click here

s99Raj 11:01 18 Nov 05

You know, I'm not even sure if I have InCD installed - how can I check?
I've installed the entire program and would have thought InCD got installed automatically with all the other packages such as Nero Express, WaveEditor, ShowTime, etc.

rawprawn 11:38 18 Nov 05

Go to Control Panel/Add or Remove programs, it should be listed as InCD. I have Nero 6 so there may be differences. Have you looked at Skyver's link?

interzone55 13:37 18 Nov 05

InCD isn't always installed, I think it only comes with the full version of Nero.

I've heard people mention that Nero 7 on installs a few things and you have to download plugins for extra functionality.

GaT7 16:48 18 Nov 05

I think you'll have to navigate to the InCD folder on the disk & manually install it from there - had to do this with v6.

Have always found packet writing (which InCD does) very unreliable, so now only burn multisession CDs click here. G

GaT7 16:49 18 Nov 05

Also meant to add I have an OEM disk - not full version. G

woodchip 17:10 18 Nov 05

Check the CD for InCD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…