Format a blank CDRW disk

hgrock 23:10 20 Sep 04

Hello people, i know that XP can write to CDRW disks but i have some balnks that require formatting i think because windows refuses to copy to them .
Can i format a CDRW using xp? withouh having to use INCD or another third party software

Bapou 23:19 20 Sep 04

You only need to format a CDRW if you are going to use it as you would a floppy disc. For this you will need Nero's InCD or similar. XP does not support packet writing.

VoG II 23:24 20 Sep 04

Right click the drive in Windows Explorer. Select Format.

Bapou is right though. Nero or EasyCD or similar are much better than the Windows CDRW software.

Harry 00:19 21 Sep 04

Advantage of using win xp explorer is that you can use any computer with xp and cd writer to write on ur RW cd. Where as you never know if nero or adaptec is available on the other pc's which you intend to use. As i see it if you are moving around with your cd then you cant go wrong with win xp explorer copying.

hgrock 13:56 21 Sep 04

you have hit the nail on the head, that is the reason i use Xp to copy,i just drag and drop the files as i do a floppy then write them, but i was on one pc the t would not do this, but i found you have to right click on the drive, properties, advance and put a tick in allow recording

Stuartli 16:20 21 Sep 04

All you need to know about packet writing, formatting etc:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now