formal letter template required

pharte 20:12 20 Feb 05

I have not really had the need to write many letters and those I have have usually been on templates already created and I have reused.

I am looking to create myself a letter template for job applications etc. with my name, address, salutations etc always there and the date changing automatically Etc.
I have MS office word 2003. can anyone supply any details of how to set this up or a website with the walkthrough or even a template of their own that I can use modify and use.

Zak 20:20 20 Feb 05
  pharte 20:31 20 Feb 05

I've had a look through your suggestion and it's not really what I wanted.
I want to put my address, date, salutation etc onto (into) a template to be able to use it every time I want to write a letter and be able to simply type the body of the text into the letter.

I'm sure there is a option in office or word etc. to do this but anyone know where ?

Zak 20:32 20 Feb 05
  ade.h 20:33 20 Feb 05

Create a letter as you describe. Save As from the file menu. Change the type from word doc to template and save. You can also place it in the templates folder to appear in the New Office Doc window.

ade.h 20:35 20 Feb 05

The date can be auto-updated with a setting in Tools, Options. Can't remember which one , but should be easy to find.

brambles 20:38 20 Feb 05

If you open Word & then click on New you will have loads of templates - check all the tabs but I saw Elegant ~ Contemporary ~ professional.

The way to update the date in a document you are saving as a template is to click on Insert Date & Time from Word toolbar. When you have selected the date format tick the little box in the bottom right hand corner ..Update automatically..

Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…