Form Handling Problems

The Paul 11:23 06 Oct 05

In short - I dont understand the main principals of the system for Form Handling and scripts etc. I just produced the thing and hoped that it would work, as it does on other sites I have. This one wont work at all.

I'm not sure if any of you clever group can see enough to know what is wrong here, but if you can I be very pleased to know what it is and how to fix it.

My own thoughts are that Lycos (the host) dont allow the script that I'm using. Any thoughts.

click here

Cheers - Paul

Forum Editor 18:19 06 Oct 05

Can you point me to a copy of it? I see that the form is being submitted to a script called 'mailer' in the cgi bin. Did you put that there?

Lycos should have a 'mailto' available in the bin.

The Paul 18:41 06 Oct 05

Thanks for coming in on this. As usual, I'm out of my depth. Where do I put this script and how do I do this.

I just dont get my head around this everytime I try it.

Dont laugh now!!! I just want the data from the form sent by email. Any thoughts?

Cheers - Paul

Forum Editor 19:31 06 Oct 05

You need to make alterations to a mailto script, so it knows where to send the results.

I'm going to take a break until later this evening - Helen Mirren calls - but I'll be back. In the meantime, take a look at this:-

click here

The Paul 20:05 06 Oct 05

I'm off to look at the link. Have a good break.

The Paul 21:02 06 Oct 05

Okay - Its a good link and I'm starting to get to grips (slowly with it). What strikes me straight away is that the author of the script states that he wants the form script inserted in the cgi-bin. Hard as I might - I cannot find the cgi-bin.

Am I missing something here.

The Paul 08:07 15 Oct 05

I think this is working now. Good link - as usual.

Forum Editor 09:22 15 Oct 05

I'm sorry I negelected your thread - it escaped me somehow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…