Form factor confusion/doubt

wotbus@ 10:46 16 Feb 07

I have a redundant Asus A7N8X ATX mobo. I want to buy a Tower/Central Unit/"box to put it in" whatever you want to call it.
Here in France we have Boîtier ATX (literally Box ATX) - the largest, and Boîtier moyenne tour ATX (box average tower), which I have found out is a bit smaller in external dimentions. There seems to be some doubt whether my mobo will fit the latter, physically slightly smaller unit, even though both state "ATX"...(info via French forums) ;-)
Can someone tell me what is the difference and why is there a difference? I am assuming there similar size variations in UK.

Rtus 11:12 16 Feb 07
  keef66 12:25 16 Feb 07

Your mobo will fit in either. Uk descriptions are full size tower / midi tower respectively. Both take a full size ATX mobo; the bigger case just has more space for drives, cables, fans and better airflow.

Get the midi case unless you want something like a small wardrobe.

wotbus@ 12:55 16 Feb 07

OK and thanks. I tried various sites re the form factors, but just got more and more confused ;-)
Thanks.

wotbus@ 13:17 16 Feb 07

PS: I had already ordered the midi keef66, it was when my wife queried the size I began to have doubts which turned to concern the more I searched LOL.

keef66 13:27 16 Feb 07

My wife also has the knack of pointing out something I hadn't previously considered, the moment after I click on 'confirm purchase'

wotbus@ 12:14 17 Feb 07

we need wives like this - really ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5