Form Construction

SABRE 17:23 01 Oct 03

Can anyone advise if there is any way in Word to build a form template i.e. a member of staff's details, so that when you save it and then re-open for completion, as you put relevant details in the gaps left, the existing text doesn't tab along to accomodate the new text. I find this b....y annoying especially when the existing text drops down a line? Perhaps this is not possible in Word?

Any help as usual would be greatly appreciated.

MAJ 18:10 01 Oct 03

Have you tried using a table, SABRE? You could create the table with the required fields and save it as a template (.dot file). I'm sure some of the Word experts, (jz maybe) will be along later with a better suggestion though.

SABRE 23:53 01 Oct 03

Perhaps there is specific software for this purpose that makes the task easier? Tables seems a way out though, so will try. Thanks

Djohn 00:07 02 Oct 03

Try a table as MAJ suggest. I find them to be Ideal for keeping a record of club member details. Use the "auto fit to text" for the table and it will expand in size as you add more info. and only drop down a line if you hit the enter key.

Start off with minimum columns and rows, you can add more as you go. If you want to print a copy, you can hide the grid lines the same as excel j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac