Form Construction

SABRE 17:23 01 Oct 03

Can anyone advise if there is any way in Word to build a form template i.e. a member of staff's details, so that when you save it and then re-open for completion, as you put relevant details in the gaps left, the existing text doesn't tab along to accomodate the new text. I find this b....y annoying especially when the existing text drops down a line? Perhaps this is not possible in Word?

Any help as usual would be greatly appreciated.

MAJ 18:10 01 Oct 03

Have you tried using a table, SABRE? You could create the table with the required fields and save it as a template (.dot file). I'm sure some of the Word experts, (jz maybe) will be along later with a better suggestion though.

SABRE 23:53 01 Oct 03

Perhaps there is specific software for this purpose that makes the task easier? Tables seems a way out though, so will try. Thanks

Djohn 00:07 02 Oct 03

Try a table as MAJ suggest. I find them to be Ideal for keeping a record of club member details. Use the "auto fit to text" for the table and it will expand in size as you add more info. and only drop down a line if you hit the enter key.

Start off with minimum columns and rows, you can add more as you go. If you want to print a copy, you can hide the grid lines the same as excel j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…