Forgotten Word 2007 password

theearlofsabden 22:24 06 Jun 08

Hi all.

How can recover a document in Word 2007 .docx format if I can't remember the password?

Thanks
Neil.

MAT ALAN 22:31 06 Jun 08

click here

this may help...

theearlofsabden 22:49 06 Jun 08

Hi MAT ALAN

Thanks but tried that website, took 55 minutes to make scan 1 of 6 then it cancelled itself.

theearlofsabden 11:39 07 Jun 08

Any ideas guys?

Regards
Neil.

Technotiger 11:46 07 Jun 08

Download and install the free program click here then click on the Configuration tab near the bottom left column, then click on the keys icon - you will then see all your passwords.

Technotiger 11:46 07 Jun 08

PS - a very useful program to keep on your PC anyway.

theearlofsabden 20:25 07 Jun 08

Thanks Technotiger

Download that, still no effect, in fact no passwords were listed in the PC Wizard 2008.

Regards
Neil.

fditra 05:58 15 Jun 08

Hi guys,

If you desperately need to recover your word document password, do not buy password studio application. From my experience, this software is really crap. I bought it for $20 and it says on the web that they can recover 2007 docx extension. And their technical support confirm that thing. After i bought it, i tested it by creating a new document and put 's' (number one only) as a password. I used brute force attack try to recover the password by the way. unfortunately, it couldn't recover it. I changed the number to letter 'a' and then 'b' (one character only), and yet it still couldn't find it. What a crap software. On the website it says that 100% money guarantee, we will see how it goes. The tech support guy seems doesn't want to admit that the software cannot recover word 2007 password. I advised them to send my sample document and ask them to try to recover it, but they didn't reply my email.
So yeah, just be careful when you buy that kind of software. Here is their website, click here.

Thanks,
Ditra

Technotiger 06:36 15 Jun 08

I am very surprised that PC Wizard did not show your passwords - however, here is another excellent program that should show your passwords, once installed just click on Secrets, in the left-hand column.

click here

theearlofsabden 14:24 15 Jun 08

Hello Technotiger

Sorry to be a pest....... I knew about SIW, haven't used it for a while; but still no passwords show under "secrets."

Maybe something is blocking the detection. I turned off the firewall, but still the password didn't appear.

Thanks for your time

Regards
Neil.

Pine Man 14:56 15 Jun 08

I have just set up a password manager in excel and password protected it. Then I saw this thread and got a bit worried as there seem to be programs out there that could uncover my 'secure' password manager.

I needn't have worried. I have several programs and files with passwords and PC Wizard didn't find any at all and SIW found one - for a program I uninstalled a week ago!

Phew!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…