forgotten windows log on password

plasticpig 11:23 02 Aug 03

I have forgotten my password for windows xp and now cannot use my pc.As it requires this to boot up.

Forum Editor 11:33 02 Aug 03

you would have been asked to enter the answer to a reminder question, so you could be prompted to remember the password - can you still not remember?

We have a rule not to allow the posting of methods to circumvent the password facility in programs - for very obvious reasons.

I can only suggest that you try to recall words that you might have used, and try them one by one.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:34 02 Aug 03

Call me cynical but I find it diificult to believe that anyone can forget a password that is used on a daily basis. There are plwenty of ways of getting round this but I think you may have to try elsewhere. as I have often said..ifd you must use passwords, make them really easy for you to remember. It is is triple easy to bypass a windows password, most competent 8 year olds can do it. so there is NO NEED to have ridiculously complicated ones.

G

scooby43 11:36 02 Aug 03

hi plasticpig

is it the administrator password you have forgotten or just a user account ?

because if not I am afraid you will have to reinstall windows and recreate a new password
unless you have a reset disk.

here is a link I found

click here

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…