Forgotten Doc Lock password

BigTI 09:36 03 Apr 11

I bought Doc Loc file locking software a few weeks back. I locked and pssword protected some folders containing pictures.

I have forgotten the password I used to lock these folders.

Can anyone suggest how I can open these folders as.

Large Software support (makers of Doc Lock) can't help.

Thanks
Tim

Nontek 09:56 03 Apr 11

Download and Run click here then look under Passwords in left-hand column, you might find your password there.

BigTI 11:54 03 Apr 11

Sorry Nontek what are you suggesting I download? Do you mean SIW for windows this only seems to have a paid for version!!

Tim

GaT7 14:02 03 Apr 11

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it'll be virtually impossible to get around this (unless you can remember the password of course). I think you may have realised this when the makers themselves couldn't help!

There's a free version of SIW available click here, but it's unlikely to help. G

tullie 14:31 03 Apr 11

SIW is free with that link.

Nontek 15:24 03 Apr 11

I have the paid-for version of SIW - it shows ALL my passwords!

The free version does show some, but not all - which is why I said you MIGHT find yours.

BigTI 16:52 03 Apr 11

Thanks folks for the help.

I've now downloaded the free version SIW.

Unfortunately although it's very interesting and it shows some passwords and it does NOT show the DocLock one!!

It's really annoying the reason that I had not got around to making a note of the Doc Lock password was because I was having a lot of trouble with the program and I was thinking of returning it to Serif software the seller. It stopped the Backup features of Windows 7 (64 bit) operating.

I did contact Doc Lock's support but they are pretty u/s. With the Backup problems they promised to get back to me after speaking to their R&D but that was 4+ weeks ago and I'm still waiting!!!

Regarding the forgotten password Large Software support did reply quickly but only to say that she "can't retrieve/reset" my password.

I spent all of last night, until after midnight, trying possible passwords but my mind seems to have gone blank on that one as I had not used it much.

Oh, how I wish I had unlocked the pictures a month ago. Unfortunately my backups don;'t extend back to before I "Doc-locked" the files.

I'm still open to any other suggestions but I'm becoming resigned to loosing the pictures I had "Doc Locked".

Tim

Marko797 16:59 03 Apr 11

and used this, hope it sorts things for you...
click here

Nontek 17:03 03 Apr 11

You might be able to retrieve the pictures using this direct download click here but if the picture folder is on a large hard-drive, then be prepared for thousands of images to be retrieved, not just the pics.

Or it might be possible to copy the Folder containing the pics to a USB flash drive, and then direct the above program to look at the flash-drive only, easily done by clicking on the flash-drives' drive-letter.

AroundAgain 22:04 03 Apr 11

I would suggest using a password manager, such as Password Safe or Keepass (both free and open source). Then, you only need to be sure to remember one 'master' password to access your list of other passwords.

jellyhead 22:17 03 Apr 11

Would the open source program Ophcrack be of any help, I dont know its limitation though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…