forgot my administrators password

jay.p 00:35 04 Feb 07

i put an administrators password on my boys pc to stop them messing about too much and lo and behold i have forgotten it. is there any way to overcome this.

BRYNIT 00:38 04 Feb 07

This thread might help click here

Dizzy Bob 00:39 04 Feb 07

Assuming Windows XP

Boot to safe mode (tap F8 when booting)

Log out,

Reboot

DB

rdave13 00:40 04 Feb 07

Have a look here.. click here

jay.p 00:52 04 Feb 07

thanks guys will give your suggestions a try tomorrow.

Rogerfredo 09:40 04 Feb 07

Try click here
-they do a free service if you can wait a few days, and this worked for my laptop.

rawprawn 10:02 04 Feb 07

If it's xp: 1- boot to the windows xp/2000 CD , 2- press enter to start setup , 3- press F8 for the license agreement , 4- when you get the option to repair the current installation press R to do so , 5- let it run through and for windows XP wait until it reboots and is installing, devices then press shift F10 to open a command prompt. For windows 2000 wait until it is registering components then press shift F10 to open a command prompt. , 6- In windows XP either type in "nusrmgr.cpl" w/o quotation marks at the command prompt and press enter. For windows 2000 type in "control.exe" w/o quotation marks and press enter. This should open up the user accounts applet in XP and the regular control panel in 2000. , 7- select the users and change or remove their passwords accordingly, apply settings and close the control panel windows and command prompt windows so that just setup is running again. , 8- let the inplace upgrade finish

The user should now be able to log in when it finishes and not have to reinstall the programs like in a parallel install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…