foreign tv channels

Desperate-Dan 13:40 01 Jan 06

Happy new year everyone, is it possible to get foreign tv channels on your pc? and if so what do I need to receive them. if not what do I need to watch freeview channels.

Carbonara 13:51 01 Jan 06

click here have fun!

Desperate-Dan 14:19 01 Jan 06

Carbonara, thanks for that,but the picture was not very good would I get a better picture with a tv card?

Sharpamatt 14:29 01 Jan 06

there are many TV Cards on the market, for freeview you either need a digital card, or connect a digibox between you ariel and card.

I belive phillips have a card which can be connected to satalite to view the free channels, ( as in the recent Medion from Audi ) but for normal cards, picking up Forign channels are only possable if you can pick them up on your normal TV

Desperate-Dan 14:43 01 Jan 06

Sharpamatt, thanks for the advice.
happy new year.

Carbonara 14:44 01 Jan 06

All of those channels are Broadband, no TV card needed. Some are better than others.

DieSse 16:47 01 Jan 06

You can pick up oodles of foreign channels via satellite - but of course, you will need a dish, and to point it at the correct satellites. And you will need either an internal of external *free-to-air* Sat TV tuner for the PC - or a seperate regular one, which you can also use with a regular TV.

Example for PC click here

Example regular Digital TV box click here

pj123 17:20 01 Jan 06

As DieSse says. I have a multi-satellite system which I can switch between 18 satellites. All are Free to Air and I have about 467 TV channels (plus lots of radio channels) that I can watch/listen to. Most of them foreign language of course. I speak German so I can watch all the German channels and my partner speaks French so she likes to watch the French channels. But I still don't see any reason to do this on my PC when I have got a perfectly adequate Television set?

To get Freeview channels on your PC you might like to look at this: click here=

Desperate-Dan 17:54 01 Jan 06

Thanks guys for the advice
regards Dan.

mco 19:03 01 Jan 06

We're linguists in our family too; we have same free to air set-up and have never had any desire to use pc when we get it better on tv

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…