Foreign Dictionary in Word

troydi 12:40 07 Mar 03

Does anybody know how to get hold of a foreign dictionary add in for word? I do a lot of work in German, and it would be very useful to have a German dictionary in there, but all it has is French and English.

cherria 12:44 07 Mar 03

Have you tried asking Microsoft?

troydi 12:47 07 Mar 03

Yes, that was my first idea, but I am still waiting for a reply - may have one in a few weeks! lol

cherria 12:50 07 Mar 03

Second try then and I'm not sure of this as I'm not at home with my installation CDs.

Don't all the dictionaries come with office so you just need to select the German one at installation so it is available?

I assume you have tried already to just change the language to German and see if there is a dictionary available?

troydi 12:52 07 Mar 03

That's a point, I'm not sure about the installation thing, I will give it a go anyway! Thanks Cherria. That's an idea I hadn't thought of! I can change the language to German at the moment, but sadly no dictionary.

BRYNIT 13:55 07 Mar 03

Open word click on help, enter spell checker in french. Click on Check the spelling and grammar of text in another language. It will tell you how to install the spelling and grammar tools for the language you want.

cherria 14:38 07 Mar 03

Now does anybody know what "spell checker" is in French? ;-)

troydi 14:40 07 Mar 03

lol thanks everyone, will let you know how it pans out!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…