Ford Mondeo battery removal???

Blackhat 12:39 03 Jan 11

Trying to remove battery for in house re-charging. Mondeo LX 1.8.

Having disconnected both terminals and holding down bracket there still seams to be a large lead attached to the back of the positive terminal and no obvious way to disconnect it. It is not mentioned in the Haines manual and I have spent an hour trawling Mondeo forums with no luck yet.

Anyone done this before with this car?

Blackhat 12:41 03 Jan 11

My charger clearly states indoor use only, could I charge with battery in-situ?

morddwyd 12:47 03 Jan 11

Indoor use simply means it is not weatherproof.

If you can put it in the car, or under the bonnet to keep it covered you should be alright.

Blackhat 12:48 03 Jan 11

That’s what I thought but do I need to have the battery disconnected?

OTT_B 12:57 03 Jan 11

"do I need to have the battery disconnected?"

No. Just make sure that, as far as possible, all electrics are turned off on the car before connecting and switching the charger on.

Blackhat 12:59 03 Jan 11

Thanks, I will re-connect battery and connect charger.

Quickbeam 13:00 03 Jan 11

If you disconnect the battery you'll lose any radio code and upset the engine management and security devices. If the battery isn't holding a charge with normal usage it's buggered, a garage can change it without disrupting the sensitive electronics of a modern car. I've charged mine in situ with no problems, but they do say not to, so the choice has to be yours.

BRYNIT 13:05 03 Jan 11

You could try Just Answer UK Ford Maintenance for an answer click here|ga|5|Cars|Ford+Mondeo&JPKW=mondeo%20how%20to&JPDC=S&JPST=&JPAD=6419321568&JPAF=txt&JPCD=20100920&JPRC=1&JPOP=CarD2update&gclid=CJbesqOLnqYCFc0f4QodeD-oYg

Forum Editor 13:12 03 Jan 11

from Speakers Corner.

morddwyd 15:37 03 Jan 11

"If you disconnect the battery you'll lose any radio code and upset the engine management and security devices."

Is that peculiar to the Mondeo?

I've had the battery off my 08 Citroen on a couple of occasions, with no problem.

OTT_B 16:19 03 Jan 11

It is a bit of a Mondeo peculiarity (along with several other manufacturers). Quite an annoying one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…