Forced read of a CD/DVD

originalmiscellany 01:07 26 Aug 04

I have a number of old cd's and DVD's of my mp3 music which I am trying to put onto my portable hard disk (which i asked advice on a few days ago).
However some of the CD's are scratched/come up with CRC (Cycle Redundancy errors) which prevents me copying the contents from DVD drive to portable HD. I have also tried copying the info to the internal hard drive, but again no luck.
What I need really is a program which forces the info to be copied onto a hard drive, but I don't have a clue if this is a) the right solution, b) what programs to use.

Stuartli 10:30 26 Aug 04

PC Advisor had a recent cover disk (Spring, Issue 104) that included a copy of CD X Rescue.

Not sure if this will help but the sleeve blub states: Recover and reclaim - get back lost data + Restore - cure scratches and disk distortion.

TomJerry 10:45 26 Aug 04

click here can do a great job to extract data from damaged CD/DVD. It is free to use and make a donation if you like it.

Graham ® 10:48 26 Aug 04

Isobuster click here

originalmiscellany 12:33 26 Aug 04

I will try isobuster, and hope that it works. It's nothing serious if it doesn't work though, nothing important/sensitive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…