Force no user / password on first boot of XP

Batch 10:02 21 Oct 05

On first boot of a PC with WinXP (Home) installed what procedure should one follow to avoid being prompted for a user login on subsequent boots?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:34 21 Oct 05

Accounts options ---
To stop your system from displaying the Welcome Screen, go to "Start->Run" and type in "control userpasswords2" (but without the quatations). Untick the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" option and click OK

Batch 09:59 22 Oct 05

Thanks for the answer FB, but what I was really after was something one could do on the first boot of an OEM version of XP to avoid being prompted on subsequent boots.

I.e. something akin to what one can do under 98 / ME where one enters a username but no password and then click OK / enter and then no user is prompted for on subsequent boots. Does this, or some similar method work on XP.

I use ME but my bro is getting new box with XP in a few days and I want to make his life as painless as poss. (for him and me) right from the off.

VoG II 10:03 22 Oct 05

Either use Fruit Bat /\0/\'s method or use the automatic logon feature of TweakUI click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…