Forbidden Internet Access for Other Users of PC

Big Ben 12:04 16 Jul 03

I'm running Windows XP, and in my user area the internet connection works fine as does the outlook email. Other users of the pc, with their own user area can still use their outlook, but when using internet explorer they are getting forbidden access.

By the looks of it the pc is stopping those people accessing the web, but i don't know how to change it to run properly.

Any ideas?

Big Ben 15:10 16 Jul 03

Someone must know how to sort this one out!

Squall 15:27 16 Jul 03

How do you connect to the Internet?
You say that Outlook is working ok, so I am assuming that they can download mail?

Are you on a network or is it a stand alone machine?

AndySD 15:38 16 Jul 03

Is it XP home or pro and is it sp1 also are you using AOL?

bremner 15:59 16 Jul 03

For each user have you checked Tools > Internet Options > Connections to ensure the set up is correct. XP does not always appear to do this automatically

Willow12 19:37 16 Jul 03

To change to a user account, access the Control Panel, click User Accounts, select the account to change and then choose the 'change my account type option'. If the users in question only have limited accounts which prevent online access then you can change the settings there.

Willow12 19:39 16 Jul 03

Sorry, that first bit should have said -

'To change a user account'

Let me know if it works

Willow12

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…