Footers In Excel/Word

GroupFC 14:33 27 May 03

I am using XP with Excel 97 & Word 97.

I am familar with inserting footers in Excel which show the File name and Tab name ( so that I can hopefully find the right worksheet when the MD asks a difficult question!). What I was wondering was is there anyway to show the folder too, in the footer, to give me an even better chance of getting there first time!

Similarly, I use word (but less frequently). I know that you can add a footer which shows either filename or filename and path. Is there any way to set it up so that it just shows filename and part of the path (i.e. the folder in which the file is located)?

VoG™ 15:10 27 May 03

In Excel, File/Page Setup, Header/Footer tab, Custom footer button and click on the folder icon (Excel 2002).

GroupFC 15:16 27 May 03

Thanks for that, but presumably this isn't available in earlier versions of Excel, as I don't have a folder icon in '97.

VoG™ 15:23 27 May 03

You need a macro in Excel 97 click here

GroupFC 15:33 27 May 03

Thank you for the link. I didn't think it would be simple!

Believe it or not I have never used macros before, so I will give it a practice when I get home tonight, as I have already spent to much time trying to figure this out!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…